Friday 20 March 2015

So Fetch Friday


This past week hasn't been all that exciting for me. I have a bunch of movies from the Library (Nightcrawler! The Guest!) that I'm terribly excited about and haven't seen yet. So that'll be my Saturday while my husband goes off to class for the day. (Yes, my husband has a Saturday class which is only a few times over the semester but is still kind of a bummer). I'm really excited to see both of these. I know a lot of people have spoken extremely highly of, not just the movie itself, but of Jake Gylenhaal and I'm looking forward to seeing what I've missed. As well, The Guest  is another movie I'm looking forward to because I loved Dan Stevens on Downton Abbey and I'm excited to see him in something different. So far, all I've seen him in was A Walk Among the Tombstones, which was a decent movie, but his part wasn't terribly large. It'll be a good weekend for movies. 

As well, I finally finished watching Breaking Bad! Holy smokes, what an amazing show. Seriously, I get why it's regarded as one of the best TV shows of all-time, already. The finale wrapped things up really well, and I'm so glad I wasn't too spoiled for how it all turns out. The only spoilers I had come across was spoilers Walt dies and Andrea is killed. end spoilers. So I'm really happy that, other than that (and one of these was easily guessed), I really went in with my own guesses and most of them turned out to be at least somewhat correct (or, at least, not entirely wrong). 

As well, I haven't exactly been binge-watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but I have been periodically watching it. Honestly, it's not amazing, but I do enjoy it. I was never really a huge 30 Rock person, though. Amy Poelher is a little my humor than Tina Fey. I feel like while stuff like Parks and Recreation is pretty quirky and weird, it always feels kind of grounded in reality and more of a commentary on socieites similar to Pawnee. And, not that I've seen much of 30 Rock, but it always felt a little too weird and unreal to me, and I get that a little bit with Kimmy Schmidt. However, I don't usually love trope characters, but Titus Andromeda is actually my favourite on the show. He's just hilarious and actually seems slightly more grounded than most (in a strange way).

Also, I finally got around to watching Big Hero 6. Cute, but not amazing. I mean, I liked it and it was fun, but I'm pretty sad that it won the Oscar over How to Train Your Dragon 2. I don't know, I've never really been a Disney/Marvel person, so I'm not surprised I didn't love it like so many others. 

Last weekend was my mother-in-law's birthday and a week later (tomorrow) is my mother's birthday, and since they are best friends, they had expressed wanting to go see Cinderella for their birthday's. So we did just that! I went with my in-laws, my parents, my sister and my husband to see it opening weekend. The movie itself was good, and Cate Blanchett was just great (i love her!). Also Lily James and Richard Madden were actually fantastic casting and I was just quite pleased with everything overall. Also, having Ella and The Prince/Kit meet before the ball was a very, very good change, as it makes it less random when she arrives at the ball and they fall in love. 

And since I love all things Tom Hardy, I also watched the movie This Means War this weekend, while the pie I baked for the Cinderella birthday party mentioned above was in the oven. What a terrible yet kind of fun movie. I mean, it was pretty bad. My husband kept wondering if the movie was aware of how bad it was, and I don't think it was. He noted, had they been self-aware it might've actually been a better movie. However, how any woman could pick Chris Pine over Tom Hardy is beyond me. The ending resolution was a little too easy, but it was nice to see Tom Hardy not being serious for once. 

So yeah, I watch a lot of movies and TV in my spare time. This is what happens when you finish work at 2:30pm everyday and, when you get home, your husband does homework or is at class and you don't have a lot to do! 






No comments:

Post a Comment