Friday 17 February 2012

Winner Breakdown: Best Animated Feature

Best Animated Feature:
- A Cat in Paris
- Chico & Rita
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Puss in Boots
- Rango





Of these 5 nominees, I've seen a total of 1.5. I've seen Kung-Fu Panda 2 twice (which I loved, though I couldn't remember anything about the original). And I've watched half of Rango. Why half? I was with friends, we were in a funny mood, and couldn't get over the fact of how ugly the creatures were and wondering why the proportions were so off (some of those animals should've been way bigger than they were). These nominees were funny this year. I was surprised at the lack of Tin-Tin, Winnie The Pooh and Rio. However, I think Rango is the front-runner here. It's an animated movie with Johnny Depp, and it's a wonky western. Different from everything else. And it's been picking up all the awards (or the ones Tin-Tin hasn't won). However, I'm in Camp Kung-Fu Panda. I thought it was incredibly hilarious, and you didn't really need to know the story of the 1st film to enjoy it. But expect Rango to pick up this award.


Will Win: Rango
Could Win: Puss in Boots
Dark Horse: Kung-Fu Panda 2
What I Want to Win: Kung-Fu Panda 2

No comments:

Post a Comment